Step outside in the last week and it’s easy to tell that fall is finally here. The sun is starting to set earlier and the temperatures are beginning to drop. One doesn’t have to look too hard to find pumpkin spiced everything on the shelves of your favorite grocery store or in your favorite coffee shops. Here are five great ways to embrace the changing of the season and experience the best fall has to offer.
- Head up to the mountains and check out the changing of the leaves! You can see it starting to happen around your neighborhood, but there isn’t anything like seeing the foliage in full bloom up in the mountains.
- Gather everybody and have them over for a good old fashioned football viewing party. It’s a great way to catch up with everyone while getting to enjoy the game on Sunday.
- Find a pumpkin patch or apple orchard in your area. This is the perfect time of year to get out into the fresh air and pick these items yourself. When you get home, carve out that pumpkin, bake those pumpkin seeds, and turn those apples into an apple pie!
- Corn mazes are another great way to find something fun for you and the kids to do together and it’s also a chance to get outside and enjoy the cooler, more comfortable temperatures. They usually have all sorts of fun fall activities, such as hay rides, tractors your kids can explore, farm animals and of course – corn mazes!
- With such great weather approaching, it’s a great time to take your kids out on a fun autumn hike! Pack some water and apple cider, some snacks, maybe even a few slices of that apple pie that you baked from number three on our list!
We are all grateful for a break from the heat of the summer, but don’t let the best parts of fall get away from you. Carve out some time for yourself and try these five fun ways to fall into fall.